Enrolments open in May and close end of August
An enrolment form, completed online and including copies of the required documents as listed on the enrolment form, must be received by the end of August. Online Enrolment Form
In Zone enrolments will receive confirmation of the enrolment within 7 days (during term time).
Christchurch South Karamata Intermediate School has an enrolment scheme and zone. The Ministry of Education have recently revised the school's enrolment scheme. This has resulted in changes to the scheme which come into effect in a staged way over two years.
For students enrolling for 2022 - No changes
For students enrolling for 2023 - Stage 1 of the revised zone.
For students enrolling for 2024 - Stage 2 of the revised zone.
Details of the current scheme and the stages for the new scheme, including a printable map of the zones, can be found in the links section on the right of this page.
Out of zone enrolments welcome. A school zone does not restrict students living outside the zone from enrolling.
Out of Zone applicants will receive confirmation that their application has been received within 7 days (during term time).
Please contact the school office with your enrolment enquiries.
Phone: 64-3-332 2408
Phone: 64-3-332 2408
Enrolment Timeframes for Students Starting in 2023
- 1 May 2022 Enrolments Open
- Open Evening CANCELLED - Wednesday 27 July 4pm - 6pm
- School Tours (3 -19 August) - Click here for information and to book a tour
- 31 August 2022 Enrolments Close
- 5 September 2022 Out of Zone Ballot
- 9 September 2022 Out of Zone Letters of offer sent
- 21 September 2022 Acceptance of Out of Zone offer must be confirmed by caregivers
- Early November 2022 Orientation and Testing - information about this is sent by email
- Late November Information about the start of the school year, including important dates, stationery, BYOD and uniforms will be emailed.
For more detailed zoning information, search for Christchurch South Karamata Intermediate School at https://www.educationcounts.govt.nz/find-school (Note - this currently only shows the zone as it applies to students enrolling for 2022)